Sunday, October 10, 2010

How I Got in Trouble with the Republican Party

 Here is a great video of Sungmin coming to a girl's defense. He is so sweet and kind. And he doesn't back down even though at the end he admits to being scared. See for yourself-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJM18g_n7BQ

I saw that video several weeks ago and it has stuck with me. So much so, that today I had to act on what I admired about him from that video.....


The other day Dude-Man and I were driving down Main Street when I noticed this sign-


"That's not right!", I exclaimed as we drove past. I even made him drive back around so I could see it more clearly. Since that day it has just been on my mind that I should do something about it. And so I did-


No sooner than that picture was taken then 3 men drove up in their nice suits to ask me what I was doing. I sweetly explained that I was taking the signs down because they seemed to be put up by some no good deed doers-


He nicely offered to find out if  they were put up appropriately placed. Turns out (according to him) that you just have to get the proper permission and anyone can put up a sign that says whatever they want, true or not. Sometimes freedom of speech sucks.

Anyway, I pushed for him to make his phone call and he kept on referring to the signs as their signs even though he had just denied having any knowledge of them. Whatever. I told him that if I saw any signs that were lies about his candidate (Morgan Philpot) I would take them down. I explained how I felt that it is deceitful for the owners of the sign to declare themselves in such itty-bitty print. And if they were to declare themselves proudly I wouldn't have a problem with what they have to say. Our discussion went on for a bit and I am proud to say that even though I felt passionate about it, I did not get upset and I did not cry. He took down my number so he could let me know how it all turns out.

And I took his picture so I could post it here-


Thanks, Sungmin for giving me the courage to stand up for what's right.

2 comments:

Veena said...

I'm proud of you for being tough stuff and not crying!!!! Really, truly. And I think it's funny that you took his picture. What did you say, "Can I take you picture so I can blog about you?" Hee hee.

jain said...

GO YOU!!!