Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Heel, Barbie Toe

 A few months ago I bought a pair of ridiculously impractical shoes. And here they are -


My family lovingly mocked me and I turned a deaf ear to those nay-sayers.  But I had a serious problem. I didn't really know how to walk in them. My center of balance was out of control and I didn't want to break my ankle or some such thing. So I turned to the internet. First I just had to watch Eunhyuk make a fool of himself when his team lost a challenge and he had to dress up as a sexy grandma and dance. Watch it, it's funny (and awkward) -



I certainly didn't want my walking to even remotely resemble that debacle! Clomp! Clomp! Clomp! Eunhyuk could never pass as a female with his less than elegant gait.

Then I really had the internet help me and I found this video that was extremely helpful -



Lots of good information in a short snippet of time. But this one was by far the one that made a lasting impression on me -



Heel, Barbie toe. Heel, Barbie toe. Heel, Barbie toe. Words to live by.

So now as I strut my stuff in high heels I try to remember to stand straight, pull in my stomach, keep my hips and knees loose (whatever that means), no wobbly ankles (as if), and heal-Barbie toe. Also, no clomping around  and don't have your toes pointed out, or in. It's just not pretty.

4 comments:

Stiv said...

yup, that was always my problem: toes pointed out.

Veena said...

Oh my gosh, that barbie toe video is torture!! Seven and a half minutes of heal-Barbie toe and don't point your feet out? I think that I want to walk now with my toes pointed out just to spite her and start a new toes out movement!

engineergirl said...

I love those shoes! I so need a pair of red shoes. If you need practice walking in them, give me a call and we can heel barbie toe around the block a couple of times!

amy said...

ditto beener, i wanted to reach through the computer and punch her fake-tanned face.