Sunday, September 26, 2010

Job Security

Leetuk is the oldest member of Super Junior and will, therefore, be the next to fulfill his duty to his country by serving in the army.  In recent months he has expressed concern that when he returns to Super Junior after 2 years of service that the fans will have either forgotten him or won't like him so much. I really don't think he has anything to worry about since Super Junior fans tend to be at least slightly fanatic (like me, for example). Anyway, he has mentioned that if  the Super Junior thing doesn't work out for him then he will do trot music.

Trot music must be why they have 84 year-old groupies. I'm sure my great-grandmother would have enjoyed watching trot entertainers on the Lawerence Welk show if they had been around then. I even think my in-laws would like them after they got over the fact that they sing in a different language. Apparently this must be Leetuk's idea of job security:


Credit: HANrel + Yangallrise.blogspot.com
TAKE OUT WITH FULL CREDIT ONLY
I love it! It makes me giggle. Leetuk, I will be a fan of whatever you sing. But can this really be the same guys that made this video?



Oh, it is. Aren't they just amazing? The singing, the dancing. Sigh. Now if I could only do the Macarena half as well as they danced in the trot song I would be happy.

But back to the theme of job security. My time will soon be up as stay-at-home mom. My kids are growing up, and they soon won't need me around so much. And really, I need to get a life. It's scary thinking about my future. I mean, didn't I already do this in college? Ugh! For the past few years I've been thinking about this topic and let me tell you, you really CAN think something to death. The decision has to be made, and I may as well make it now. Time to go back to school and get my master's degree in social work. There! I said it. I'd better get busy on those applications.

3 comments:

jain said...

REALLY??? i have to go to school with you? ok. i guess.

veena said...

You are one busy lady. Blogging all the time; how am I ever gonna keep up and comment on all of them? And now since you have a blog, I have to read about your major life decisions instead of you telling me about them? I don't know if I like this arrangement. ;-)

Going back to school sound sooooo exciting! I'm happy for you!!!!!

amy said...

that will be so super great - you made an awesome social worker before (i remember), but just think of how hard you will rock with all this life knowledge and experience you have acquired since you had your first child! you're my inspiration.