Monday, September 20, 2010

Take that Dudeman!

Over a romantic dinner, Dude-man asked me (jokingly, of course) if was going to be a one-time blogger. Nice! So in your face, Dude-man, I'm now a two-time blogger! So there!

Seeing as how today is Sunday, I think it is appropriate to have a spiritual theme. During church, I often find myself praying earnestly for individual members of Super Junior. For example, today I prayed for Sungmin to not feel like he needs to change himself in order to change his image, and for Donghae to know that someday his family can be together forever. Then I started to think about my own children and how I don't pray for them very often. As I pondered this I realized that as a parent I rely too much on myself to raise good kids and not enough on the Lord to help me raise good kids. Is it pride? A lack of faith? What's going on here?

The answer is obvious, I am with my children and have influence over them. I can hug them, console them, advise them, and chastise them. I can do none of these things with my suju boys. And so I must rely solely on faith that my prayers for them will have some kind of effect on their lives. However, even though I have direct influence on my children none of the things that I do for them can really have an effect unless they choose it. Therefore, I should earnestly pray for my children because I have faith that Heavenly Father can help them even more that I can to make good choices.

No comments: