Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My First Post

Yup, that's me, pretty unoriginal. Anyway, I made a deal with my husband, Dude-man, that in exchange for allowing me to buy a really expensive language program so that I can learn Korean I would give up a few things (3) for one year. Like buying magazines. I LOVE magazines!!! I have some that are over 10 years old and I cry (literally) when Dude-man tries to throw them away. Sigh.

Second, no scrap-booking supplies for a year. I honestly have a shrine devoted to my collection of scrap-booking stuff. However, I am not really a scrap-booker since I don't really have pictures in a format that can be enjoyed by anyone (including me). This also means that I can't buy any books or take any classes related to this subject for a year.

Third, no pop for a YEAR. What was I thinking when I agreed to that one? Life without pop is too awful to contemplate.Honestly, what's the harm? And it doesn't really cost that much either. Oh well, I agreed to it so now I must live with it.

Now for the consequence- if I become weak and buy a magazine, or a scrap of scrapbook paper, or have a taste of pop before September 14, 2011 then I have to get a job to pay for my Korean language program.

But giving up this stuff is so worth it. I love many Korean things like dramas, movies, food, fashion, culture, and last, but not least, SUPER JUNIOR. So this is the start of my year of going Korean and Super Junior will be my guide. Hence the name, What Would Super Junior Do?

1 comment:

jain said...

EXCELLENT. dude-man (hey, that's what i call him!) is awesome.