Sunday, January 9, 2011

Gratitude - a Sunday Kind of Thing

Well I've had all week to think about things that I'm grateful for. The trouble is, I didn't think about it too much. Whenever I make a new goal the first thing I do is push it to the back of my mind. In case you were wondering, this is not a very good way to accomplish things.

I was hoping to come up with some awe inspiring life details, but I wasn't paying a lot of attention. Sadness. Anyway, these are some things that I'm grateful for but I didn't take all the pictures this week.

First there is this Korean cookbook -
Korean cookbooks are hard to find. In fact, I've only ever come across two of them in all of the perusing of bookstores that I've done. And I do a lot of perusing. Also, everything that I've made from it has been so tasty. This week we had shredded carrots dressed with sesame oil and salt. It was simple and delicious. It was also supposed to be briefly stir-fried, but it was so tasty and I didn't want to make another pan dirty.....



The second thing I was grateful for this week is my sister -
She is my best friend and always willing to help me out with anything. She helps me stay out of a rut and if  I do happen to get into one, she keeps pushing until I get out again. She always listens. And she laughs at my jokes even if I have to prompt her to do so. She puts up with all of my Super Junior babbling. She will even let me play KPOP when we are driving around together. But only rarely. This week she fed my hidden shoe mania.


The third thing I was grateful for was this bird -
 I was doing the dishes the other morning and glanced out the window. I love watching birds so we have a bird feeder set up right next to the kitchen window. Therefore, it is not unusual to see birds at the bird feeder. But there wasn't any bird seed in the feeder. And the bird wasn't scratching away, trying to get any bits stuck in the cracks. This bird was sleeping. I was amazed. I watched it for many minutes before thinking about taking a picture. Then I had to find the camera. And still the bird peacefully slept in the sunshine. It was tender.


As always I'm grateful for my home, my family, and my faith -


And don't forget Super Junior!

Now, let me know what you're grateful for.

1 comment:

Veena said...

I am grateful for all the compliments I get on my cute bag.