Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Thanks Donghae!

In December, Donghae made a post on the website for the show he is currently in (It's OK Daddy's Daughter). The following are some excerpts from that post -
Hello!
We are Super Jun~~ior~!!^^
This is Choi Wookgi (Donghae) who’s been living so happily busy recently^^
To me, each and every day is exciting and happy because I’m living a new day every day.

Be careful of cold in this cold winter!!
Most important thing for Donghae which is Stay healthy!! Don’t get sick!!
When you go out, don’t wear light clothes because you want to look pretty!!^^ Always wear a scarf!!

This was Super Juni~~~~or!! It was Donghae(Choi Wookgi)!!
God bless u…& Merry Christmas!!
 "Always wear a scarf!!" Now those are words to live by!

When I read that post I thought, "Hmm... I could wear a scarf. If Donghae says wear a scarf, I think I will do it." And so I did -
That's me on the day after Christmas. We walked to Church and it was nice when we left home so I didn't think I needed a coat. Unfortunately it started to rain while we were there. I was so grateful to have my scarf because it kept me warmer and drier than I would have been without it. Thanks, Donghae!

A couple of days later we went out to shoot rockets in the desert. Typically we do this on New Year's Day, but since my sister-in-law was visiting and she would be leaving before then, we decided to do it earlier than that. We had a great time in the COLD winter weather. Silly me, I wore a jacket and not a coat. Big mistake! It was soooo freezing out there! But I had my scarf and was able to enjoy the day despite the frigid temps. Donghae, thanks for that great tip!

Yesterday, Dude-Man and I went out for lunch at The Olive Garden with our two oldest girls. Halfway through the meal I realized that I had gotten some creamy pasta sauce on my shirt. Bummer! Not too long after that I had another spot of sauce even bigger than the first. Of course I tried to clean it up, but since it was creamy sauce it wasn't going to go away without a fight. Lucky for me I had my scarf and with proper draping it hid those embarrassing spots until I could deal with them in private. Donghae, it's so awesome to always wear a scarf! Thanks again!

Today my mom called me and sounded like death warmed over. She has a bad cold. Poor Mom! In a rare burst of compassion I offered to drive the 20 miles to bring her some things to make her feel better. Of course I hadn't showered yet and I was still in my exercise clothes. But Mom comes before fashion, or cleanliness. And so off I zipped to the grocery store to purchase the needed supplies. I took care of Mom and then headed off to visit with my sister before going home.

One thing you should know about my sister is that she is my best friend. The other thing you should know is that if we spend any time talking at all it will usually end up with us going some place together. And lunch will be involved. And today was no different. As I was lamenting my lack of cuteness because of how I was dressed she casually remarked, "But your scarf makes you look cute anyway." The SCARF! Donghae! I never knew how important wearing a scarf would become! Thank you SO much!

Of course we did end up going out to eat. And of course I had to take off my coat because it was just too warm in Rubio's. And that's when I remembered that I was still wearing my bright BLUE sports bra under my thin WHITE T-shirt. You can probably guess what happened next. That's right, I was once again rescued by my scarf! What a freaking fantastic thing! I will never leave home without it. And you shouldn't either. Oh Donghae, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for telling me to always wear a scarf.

And here is Donghae following his own advice -

Now THAT'S a scarf!

4 comments:

amy said...

neela, you're my favorite girl. i'm going to go put on a scarf RIGHT NOW.

Stiv said...

Look at me with my scarf! Oh wait. I don't have one. I lose again.

Meredith said...

yay for scarves! i love them too, even though i very rarely need all the extra warmth here in CA but still .. :)
YOURS, MINE AND OURS

Veena said...

I never knew that a scarf could be so useful!! I guess there is one good thing about cold, snowy winters--cute fuzzy/chunky/funky scarves!