Monday, February 7, 2011

Purple Pride - We've Got It!

Where I live purple and white reign supreme. Every school in this town claims purple and white as the school colors. The elementary schools. The Jr. high school. The high school. And to top things off, the town also claims purple and white as their colors. Before I moved here I had never heard of such a thing.

Over the years purple has grown on me. It has grown on me so much that it is now the predominate color in my closet. Earlier this year I went to a parent meeting at the Jr. high. The purpose of the meeting is unimportant. What is important is that the principle of said school was putting down the color purple. Apparently he doesn't think much of the color purple. In fact he said some rude things about this divine color. I had to speak up. I was, after all, wearing purple at the time.

Here are a few pictures of me wearing purple -

Yeah, I'm totally lovin' the purple.

I'm not the only one who's lovin' the purple. I recently saw some pictures of some Super Junior boys wearing purple.

Here we have Donghae wearing purple shoes while running through an airport somewhere in Asia-
I am now on the look out for purple shoes with orange laces (no less). One of my favorite color combinations.

Eunhyuk, on Super Junior's Foresight is wearing purple-
And not just a little purple either. A purple hat. A purple sweater. Purple suspenders. Purple Pants. I love it!

An older picture of Sungmin wearing a purple vest-
I don't exactly love the vest but Sungmin always rocks my world. And purple + bling + black = (usually) an awesome look.

A goofy picture of Siwon wearing a lot of purple-
As Korean crazy as I am, I don't think I will be trying this exact look ever. But the layering of the different shades of purple? Brilliant!

Ryeowook is totally rocking the black and purple vibe-
Gotta love it!

And finally, Yesung is just going for the pop of color that gives a white polo shirt some zing-
Oh, and that purple tie? Genius!

I believe that if more people wore purple on a regular basis the world would be a much happier place. Wear purple, it will put a smile on your face. And maybe others will smile at you too. Umm... but not big purple hats with large red feathers, because that's just silly.

3 comments:

Stiv said...

Look at me with my purple tie! Oh wait. I don't have one. I lose again.

amy said...

you may not now, but you used to - i remember. it was a skinny tie made of some kind of thickly woven material (polyester?) that had horizontal red stripes in it. i'm sure there were other colored stripes, but i only remember the red. why? i don't know, but that tie has always stuck with me.

Katherine Jenkins said...

I've been into purple for the past three months....now i've got to google the significance...thanks for commenting on my blog!